Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday morning






Alright- I must get busy in a little bit here, but I'm just basking in the quiet of the morning. I love that time right after I get back from dropping the boys off at school. I usually get my breakfast (always a cappuccino with coconut creme creamer and usually a granola bar or banana) and sit down at the computer to check messages, FB, etc. In order to not waste my whole morning, I often look at the computer clock as soon as I sit down and give myself a time limit- usually 15 or 20 minutes. And although I lack in self control in many areas of my life, this method is actually effective! Today, since I didn't get called to sub- again- I have MANY things that need to be accomplished, and it's one of those days where I'm not even sure where to begin. I need to give the house a thorough cleaning. I mean tubs scrubbed, etc. I have piles of laundry to attend to. I have Grace work that should be accomplished. I want to finish uploading the rest of 2009 pics to Shutterfly and then back them up on CDs before erasing my memory card, I am doing an appreciation for our children's workers on Sunday AM and I have several things to accomplish for that, I need to study and prepare for ladies' Bible study on Tues, I am taking treats to small group Sunday eve. so I could prepare a few things today for that, and I have some errands I need to run. (Chas and Debbi- your scrapbooks will be mailed out today, so expect them in a couple of days : ) And as I do every weekend, I dream of just being able to sit down in my scrappin' room and create. It's been even harder to do that lately because my scrappin' desk is now Gary's CPA study center, so if he's not at work, he's at that desk! And there's really not room for the both of us down there!






My back has really been bothering me lately. Since Christmas my low back has been achy. Two weeks ago, it was really hurting, and when I got up from the couch to answer the door, I almost passed out from pain. I have been going to the chiro for the last two weeks, and I can see improvement, but it's still not 100%. Mornings are the worst. I didn't work out for a week, and I HATE that. I was really into a good routine there, and I don't want this back thing to mess that all up. I was feeling good last night, so I went and had a good workout. I am not to do any incline on the treadmill (which is my cardio of choice- I hate the elliptical for some reason) so it takes SO much longer to burn calories on no incline. I didn't realize how much that could make a difference. Hopefully I will continue to feel good enough to keep up my exercising. I lost 3 pounds last month and lost a couple of inches around my waist, so I was very happy with that! Every day is a battle to make right choices, but I will get up each morning ready to fight it!






Last night Bradley and I went to a meeting at school to prepare for high school. AHHH!!!!! I don't think I'm ready for this! We were given LOADs of information concerning classes and schedules and then expected to write out his 4 year plan of what classes he would take! Now, I agree with planning. I love planning and organizing, but these are huge decisions, and some just can't be made right now! He doesn't even know what he wants to do with the rest of his life! And I would bet many 14 year olds are the same way. So trying to understand credit hours, requirements, prerequisites, AP classes, college credit, college entrance requirements, etc. was a bit overwhelming. Thankfully the freshman year has less electives to choose from and more required classes, so at least we have that one figured out. I think I'm going to need to sit one on one with a guidance counselor to ask more specific questions concerning Bradley's needs. Being an ELP student, we want to have him take more challenging classes and track for college credits during his high school years, etc. but I also don't want to overwhelm him and bury him either. Wisdom! I need wisdom! And I know this plan can be changed, and will be changed many times before we're done, so I know it's not set in stone. What I know is that I have a lot to learn about the whole process!






I had Brennan's conference this week, and he is also doing well. His teacher was very pleased with where he is at and his progress in these last few months. I am so grateful for each of the boys and the talents, qualities, and abilities God has given each of them. They are SO different from one another that I sometimes marvel at how they could have come from the same two people! But I love that- we are each "fearfully and wonderfully made!"






Bradley is playing in basketball tournaments this next month. He had his first one last weekend, and the boys won it! They went 3-0 on the day! They were so excited because this is the first tournament they have won (and he plays tournament ball every year!). Tomorrow we head out again to tourney #2 and hopefully we'll have good results as well. While Brad and I are there, Dad and Brennan will be taking Bren's Hawkeye car (pictures to come later) and racing in the AWANA Grand Prix at our church.
Well I'll quit rambling- must get to my to-do list. I'll sign off with some tournament pics from last week!

I love this pic! I love the pure excitement on Bradley's face just touching

that tropy!

No comments:

Post a Comment