Tuesday, January 26, 2010

my 2010 project


I am finding that my scrapbooking time seems to get less and less as time goes on. I do have a lot on my plate this year, and even when I say, "I'm going to go down and scrapbook tonight after the kids go to bed," that often doesn't happen because I don't have enough energy by then. I created a yearly scrapbook back in 2006 that I absolutely love and thought maybe I could tackle something similar this year. For that one, I had printed out a calendar page of each month and wrote on some of those dates things we had done. On the opposite page, I placed 4 or 5 pictures of highlights from that month. It was easy to keep up with as I had already decorated each page with a monthly theme at the beginning of the year so all I had to do was print out the pictures each month and update the calendar. It is so fun to look back at the year's progress all in one place as I now don't necessarily scrapbook chronologically and I have my scrapbooks set up more topically than chronologically. So when I saw this adorable notebook (I'm a sucker for cute office supplies) I thought it'd make a great 2010 photo calendar. It just took a little time one evening to decorate it (I kept it pretty simple) and now it's just waiting to be filled!




the front



I used a DCWV stack to do all of the pages. I wanted them

to coordinate, but I wanted to stay away from a monthy theme

this time. The left side has a pocket so it will be easy to store programs,

ticket stubs, flyers, etc. in each month.

Here's a couple inside shots of some of the pages.

These monthy tabs are by Jillibean Soup. I thought they were so cute and

had them bought before I had decided to put this together. They went

perfectly with the paper I chose.

I am hoping to get my Scripture challenge #2 done this weekend. Things have been hectic around here lately (as usual) so the days go too fast. We had over 4 inches of snow and blizzard conditions yesterday so the kids were home from school- yet again. We had an ice storm last week and had a day off last Wed. as well. We are now going to school until June 11 or something crazy like that. And I doubt winter is finished rearing its ugly head around here yet. So those of you in warm sunny places (we did see the sun briefly this morning, but otherwise I think it's been almost 2 weeks since we've seen it) BE THANKFUL! My seasonal affective disorder is about at its peak!

2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing! I am so inspired! I think I might have seen your 2006 calendar. I would love to do something like this. Maybe I should start with a calendar type one. So, will you post pics on the decorated side and on the pocket? Will you journal much or just jot notes on or near the pics? LOVE IT. Oh - I was worried about the adorable tabs getting mangled? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - I miss you incredibly. I need a friend! I hear ya about the SAD this time of year. We are actually seeing the sun for a few days here and it changes everything. I am soooooo sick of being COLD! Can't wait for warmth! I think i will sit in a sun-patch on the living room floor later this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete