Sunday, January 17, 2010

Been a busy week

Ahhh... 11:17 PM on a Sunday night and I should be enjoying the peace and quiet of my home. But no, my kids are still up because, once again, there is no school tomorrow. It seems to be a regular thing now. If it weren't 30 degrees with piles of snow on the ground, I'd think we were on summer break! Thankfully this the the last day off (I think) before spring break. I love my kids, and I love having them home, but we need more readin, ritin, and rithmatic and less X Box and Call of Duty!

Last week was finals for the high schoolers here so I tutored every night until about 9. I had several homeschool visits in the morning, and began leading a ladies' Bible study on Tuesday morning. We're doing the book My Heart's at Home by Jill Savage. I know that God is definitely using it to teach me (in fact, I was just reading in it this evening about using patience with my kids as I'm presently trying to break up their fight they're having over a cat's toy while trying to form a coherant thought here!!!- sorry if this makes no sense!)

The working out has been going well. This week was not good- only worked out twice, but every other week we've made it 3 or 4 times per week. Unfortunately I opened two packages of peanut butter M&Ms that had been in the pantry and that obviously was more than I could handle apparently. I stopped trying to count all of the calories after one point. Thankfully they're almost gone, but I'm afraid what might replace it as my nemesis this week. I MUST BE STRONG!

Gary has been full force in the CPA studying. Every night he comes home from work and heads down to the cat pan suite (ie- my scrapbooking desk) and sets up shop for the rest of the evening. And then class all day on Saturday. I have been training the boys to stop asking, "Where's Dad?" - the answer is "either downstairs studying," or if it's Saturday, "in class."
We're all slowly getting used to the new normal around here. Gary was pretty tired after this week. I can't imagine how weeks on end of this is going to be.

Alright enough for now- I'm going to try to wrangle the boys to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment