Monday, July 6, 2009

missing him...

Yesterday we dropped Bradley off at Hidden Acres Christian camp for the week. He is there with his friend Trevor. I know he's probably having an awesome time and not really missing us at all. But I miss him. I think of him and wonder what games he's playing...what they're learning at chapel...if he's brushed his teeth at all...if it's hot in his cabin...if he's getting any bug bites and hoping he won't swell up...if he's spied any cute girls...if he's making new friends...if the weather has been cooperative...how many outfits are ruined by now...if he's not wanting Friday to come as much as I'm ready for it to come so I can pick him up and bring him home.


Don't get me wrong. I'm so glad that he can have this opportunity. I truly believe magical things happen at camp. Gary and I can both attest that some of our happiest memories were made at camp. But it was much better when I was on the other end having the fun instead of just missing the one who's gone. And I'm thankful he's not one to get homesick. That would make this even harder. I just can't wait to hear about it all on Friday.
In other news I had a GREAT 4th of July weekend. Pictures will be coming soon, hopefully. I feel like I've been so lax about posting. I plan on doing it every night, and by the time I get Brennan tucked in, my energy is pretty zapped. We brought cousin Abby home with us for Brennan to have a playmate while Bradley is gone. They are watching "Hotel for Dogs" as we speak. We went to the pool today and to the video store tonight to pick out some movies. A bigger pool and the zoo are on the agenda for the week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment