Saturday, June 13, 2009

blessed Saturdays...

I love a Saturday without plans. We rarely get one. Usually our summer weekends are filled with baseball games, however this year Bradley's tournament team played in a spring league so we're not doing tournaments every weekend.

Ahh.... summer- I'm really enjoying so far...

*took Bradley golfing yesterday- I got him a pass at a golf course just 10 miles from our house so Bren and I went out and walked with him before the rain began

*been tutoring, but my schedule isn't too packed- I have several students around dinner time and early evening so it frees my days up, so I can go to...

*Bradley's Jr. High baseball games- they play during the day time. So far they are 2-2. I'm so glad I have a job that is flexible that allows me to be able to go! Poor Gary hasn't seen any of his Jr. High games yet, and might not be able to since most of them are at 10 AM.

*Bren is almost done with ball. Gary and his Pirates team finished 2nd in the Rookie League, so they're pretty happy about that. This coming week is the year-end tournament, and then he'll be done with ball.

*Bradley got into church camp at Hidden Acres! He and his friend were on a waiting list, but they got in, so he'll be gone from July 5-10 there.

*Brennan is signed up for swimming lessons in July and is planning on going to basketball camp here in Carlisle at the end of June. He has been showing a lot more interest in playing catch and baseball. He and Bradley have been out in the yard doing that almost every day. Yeah!

*My dad and Dorothy came to visit for a couple of days earlier this week. They got to see both of the boys play ball. It was great to have them here.

*I've been doing a bit of scrapbooking!!! YEAH FOR BEING ABLE TO STAY UP LATE!!! That's when I do my best scrapping! Last night I did a mini album from our camping trip last summer. I've done a couple other layouts and I'm planning to share those soon! I've also got lots of pictures to download, edit, and share. That task is on the to-do list.

*Gary is busy working on the deck. Last summer when he resided the house, he found some issues with the deck. So he replaced all of the flooring, now is working on the steps, and has to replace some of the lattice work. Hopefully he'll be done with that soon, however there's always another project waiting in the wings!

*It's been very rainy, cloudy, and cool lately- almost depressing. I can't handle clouds for too many days in a row. It definitely affects my mood. I NEED SOME SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I've just been enjoying time with the boys lately. We've been doing more reading, chatting, and just hanging together. I pulled the mattress off of the pull-out sleeeper, and we put that on the living room floor. We will all pile on that and snuggle and watch tv together. It's nice to feel like we have some down time to just relax. It seems the school year does not allow for much of that.

*The boys want to go to Sleepy Hollow today to golf, but it rained all night last night, so it's awfully wet. I need to do a little more laundry and take a walk down to the post office to mail some things for Gary.

I always hate posting with no pictures, but it'll have to do today! Maybe later I'll get them uploaded.
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment