Monday, October 20, 2008

Still alive...

I have kept waiting to post because I planned to put some pictures on with my post. But in order to put the pictures on, I have to download them first. And in order to download them, I have to preview, folder, and delete the duds of the hundreds that need to be downloaded. And in order to do that, I need more time than just a few minutes at a sitting- which seems to be all I've had these past few weeks. So I decided to jot down some thoughts and I will download pics this week (I hope!!). My week always seems to fill up and be gone before I know it!

I've had to sub the last couple of days. 6th grade resource on Friday and kindergarten today. This Friday I will be in 4th grade. As a whole, I am enjoying the subbing as a whole. I like the variety of classes and grade levels. I like being able to leave at 3:30 with no paperwork or responsibilities. I like meeting and working with the teachers that have/have had my children. I like helping the students and getting to know them. I don't particularly like the 6 AM phone call, the not necessarily knowing if I'll be working that day or not and not knowing how to make plans, the classes with little plans/direction. But for the most part, it's been a good experience and is definitely good for me- I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone and this would qualify. I do feel it will get easier as I sub longer. Today, even, was better as it was my second time in kindergarten. I knew the snack/milk/dismissal routine and felt more comfortable with it.

I'm doing an on-line class to keep my teaching license current. It's on China, of all things. I went through the entire professsional development catalog and that's the best I could find. I was discouraged that it didn't seem they had more useful beneficial classes to offer. I haven't started any of the assignments and need to get on that.

I am writing three lessons for RBP at the moment and those all need to be done by the end of the month. I intended to get started on that last week, but that never happened so I must get busy this week. On that note, I received a package today of last quarter's RBP curriculum with my first two written lessons in print. It was a really cool feeling to see something I'd written actually printed and published! That was encouraging and felt good.

I actually got my kitchen/dining room painted (for the 3rd time, mind you)!! Finally! I have had about six swatches of color painted on one wall for over a month. I couldn't decide what I liked, but one night, one of them popped out at me and screamed, "I'm perfect!!" And I agreed. My family, on the other hand, all hated it. But I think it's growing on them, and it is perfect. I couldn't be happier.

I finally bought my birthday present. I'll share that soon with pics! I love it!

Brennan and I have been very crafty lately. I have had some projects in the works and got some time to work on those this weekend. He has enjoyed being down in the craft room with me using lots of my acrylic paints. I love watching him create. His creativity amazes me. I hope that never goes away.

Alright, enough blabbering for now. I'm hoping the next time I post I'll have pictures to accompany!

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment