Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's almost Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day! It ranks up there as a favorite holiday along with the 4th of July. I love decorating for Valentine's Day and baking things for Valentine's Day- that's why I signed up for small group treats on the 13th of this month and I always try to sign up for bringing treats for Bren's Valentine's parties. I saw a cute idea on someone's blog to do a Valentine countdown using $ store materials. So here was my  take on the project- using all items from the $ Tree or things I had on hand!
Brennan saw me working on it and was so excited! He kept asking me when it was going to be done, and when the hearts would be filled. I actually had to put a couple of pieces of tape on each of the hearts to keep him from opening them up early!
 The stand, the round pizza pan, the hearts, and ribbon at the bottom are all from the $ Tree. I covered the pan with some scrapbooking paper I had. I used my scrapbooking stuff to put the numbers on each of the hearts, andd then used an acrylic sealer over them. I hot glued the bottom of the hearts to the pan, and then used some stickers, etc. to decorate.
 The title is made out of some acrylic letters I had and they are also hot glued to the edge of the pan.
Each of these hearts open up. I filled them with candy, change, and dollar bills. As I said, I had to tape the sides of each one to keep him out of them before the day they are to be opened!  It was so fun to get crafty again! It has been on hold for several months while I have been in moving chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment