Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brennan's valentines this year

I'm working on Brennan's valentines for next week. I saw this idea and thought it was absolutely adorable, and Brennan liked it too, so we gave it a try. Here's our take on it. His only stipulation was no cutesy sayings- just "Happy Valentine's Day from Brennan" so that's what we did.  I love how they came out!

If you want to give them a try, just take a photo with their arm outstretched in a grip. Make sure the arm is off to the side a little so the sucker doesn't hide their face. Then add your text. I printed 4 per page- about 3x5 size. Then just use an exacto knife to cut a slit at the top of the fist and the bottom and slip the sucker in the slits!

4 comments:

  1. My daughter (who is 17) refuses to do this. Persnickity teens!!

    I can't wait for the granddaughter to be old enough to hand out Valentines as I am totally doing this (cheesy saying and all)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and clever. Anna's not allowed to bring any candy to her class whatsoever but she could do a pencil I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete