Monday, August 17, 2009

Florida part 2


Well only a week later, and I'm finally getting to part 2. Ugh. Every week I think things are going to get less hectic, but every week I'm wrong!
When we were in Hawaii, I got a smoothie every chance I could. I think that's where I "discovered" them. Since then, I've had many smoothies. I believe I definitely prefer the banana/pineapple versions. Those are my favorite flavors! The beachside grill offered smoothies, so of course, I sampled several flavors! This one is banana/blueberry/orange, I think. It was good, but my favorite was the mango pineapple. Yum....
I'm learning to make a pretty decent low calorie smoothie here at home too! I had a great blender for about 2 weeks until it broke, so now I'm back to my Magic Bullet until I can get a new one. The Magic Bullet just doesn't crush ice like a good blender, but it'll do in a pinch. I've got Bradley onto smoothies now too. His favorite is chocolate banana.

These pictures are definitely not great of me. I almost didn't post them out of embarrassment, but I guess it's as good as it gets.
I so enjoy reading. I just don't get to do it enough. I love a good auto/biography. I bought Valerie Bertinelli's book and Melissa Gilbert's book for the trip and here I am reading Valerie Bertinelli's. I was interested in her weight loss as her weight journey seems to resemble mine (except she seemed to obsess about it since she was young- I've only begun to obsess about mine over the last few years!). Reading on my beach chair was one of my favorite parts of the day.


I captured this picture at about 6:30 in the morning. Quite strange for me to be up at that time, especially on a relaxing vacation. But I really wanted a sunrise/sunset picture. And a sunrise over the ocean was the only option!! I didn't set my alarm, but I think I mentally prepared myself to try to wake up early. The shades were so dark in the room there was no way of any light waking me up. I think God woke me up on this morning and I enjoyed a beautiful 1/2 hour out on our balcony capturing some shots with my camera. Then at 7 AM I went back to bed for a few hours!



I just love the palm trees in this one.




Once again, not thrilled with how I look in the photo, but we wanted to capture a balcony shot with the two of us just like we had in Hawaii.
It was a great trip- I still think about it every day.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I can smell the sea-air and feel the warm sun on my face. I hear the ocean gently washing the shore. I dream about it too. I love the beach! Someday I will have my beach-getaway weekend without the children.
    Smoothies...when you put pineapple in, does it leave a "pulp" texture. I'm not a pulp person, but it sounds good. I am into Chocolate-Banana-PBJ smooties at the moment: chocolate base (powder from WW), 1 small banana, 1/2 cup-ish of blueberries, and a tablespoon of peanut butter, with lots of ice and a cup of FF milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, you are much too hard on yourself. You look good in these photos. I love both of your suits! Ah, to be busty! Must be nice. I think Dave and I are going to cruise somewhere this winter. We've asked my parents to come watch the kids. Not sure where or when but very soon to celebrate our 20 years! I can't believe I'm old enough to say that.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful. Don't be embarassed!

    ReplyDelete