Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas break ROCKS!

I am so loving these lazy days of Christmas break! With the schedule I keep during a normal week (tutoring 14 different kids, working for the church 15 hours, subbing a day or two, prepping and leading a Bible study, doing too many loads of laundry to count, running kids, fixing meals, etc. etc.- you get the picture) a few days at home with nothing scheduled on the agenda is wonderful.

I have been...
  1. doing laundry because unfortunately that  doesn't stop over Christmas break!
  2. slowly cleaning up after the Christmas madness- still have one tree to take down and a huge mess in the storage area to clean up
  3. getting my paper trail organized for my church job
  4. cutting coupons and getting my coupon binder up to date
  5. looking at recipes and hoping to get some sort of schedule going for a meal plan
  6. creating our busy January calendar
  7. deciding if it's worth it to pay $150 to sign up for some local exercise classes or if I will get my own butt in gear and use our treadmill-
  8. trying to finish up my year in review album- that is my goal for today!!!
  9. playing Boggle on the kids' new I Touches- I'm officially addicted
  10. looking into a chronological Bible reading plan- I have wanted to do this for a few months- I found this one which has some notes along with it and this one that I printed out. I have never been successful with a yearly reading plan, but even if it takes me longer than that, I am good with it.
  11. sleeping in.... my favorite thing!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - your new blog updates and LOOK are so great. Good for you. I have let my blog go since right before Trent's surgery. I just couldn't bring myself to write about it. Now, I was wondering if I should even try or if anyone cares if i blog or not. I feel so far behind, there is no way to catch up. BUT I did think about explaining what happened, briefly, and then posting my Chrismtas letter and photo as a recap and moveing forward from there.
    I LOVE Christmas break too. I have been SOOO lazy and it has been awesome. I swear, "doing nothing" and "just hanging out" were some of my goals for break. I wouldn't want to be this aimless all the time, but it was a nice change of pace.
    I miss you bundles. Trent's next show is in late Feb, so maybe we can get together sometime after that?
    Love you,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete