Monday, December 14, 2009

my favorite holiday recipe right now

I would have to say that my favorite thing to bake is probably breads and muffins. I found this recipe in Quick Cooking several years ago, and it is SO moist. It has a very mild fruity flavor. I have baked about 14 mini loaves of this bread so far this Christmas season and am giving them to neighbors and tutoring families. Enjoy!



Plum Quick Bread

3 eggs
2 jars (6 oz. each) plum or plum with apples baby food
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, baby food, oil, and buttermilk. Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and beat just until moistened. Transfer to two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool before removing from pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment